Splitboard Camping tips
- Down booties with Neos over-shoes. Take your snowboard boots off when you get to camp, put the down booties on for in the tent, and use the over-shoes for outside chores.
- Exped Mat. I rock the Down Mat 9. A well rested guide is a happy guide! You can also put a closed-cellThermarest mat underneath for added protection from the cold.
- Thermarest Z seat. Great to pack all day as a seat for having lunch and for sitting around camp.
- Snow anchors. I’ve made these myself. These are a life saver in high winds and rain.
- Tent rule. Always subtract one person from the rating on tents, 2 man = 1 man, 3 man = 2 man etc etc.